Use this report to analyze the absence records of employees by using your selection criteria.
You can select one type of absence from the list on page 1, or you can include all absence types by not selecting anything. You can set up the absence types displayed in the list by using Personnel > Absence Monitoring > Absence Type.
You can specify start and end dates for the report. For example, if you specify a start date of 01/06/09 and an end date of 31/07/09, any absence that starts between 01/06/09 and 31/07/09 is included, even if it has not ended by 31/07/09. Any absence that ends before 31/07/09 is included, even if it started before 31/06/09.
To produce the report:
- On page 1, select a type of absence from the list. If you ant to analyze all the absence types listed, do not select any items in the list. Click Next.
- On page 2, click the lookup button, select the start date for the report, and click Next. If you specify a start date, only absences after this date are included in the report. If the field is left blank, all absences up to the end date are selected.
- On page 3, click the lookup button, select the end date for the report, and click Run. If you specify an end date, absences after the date are excluded from the report. If the field is left blank, all absences from the start date onwards are included. The Report Confirmation (28) window is displayed.
- In Report Output, click one of the following:
- Grid View, to display the report data in the grid. The Report Data Preview window is displayed. You can arrange the data in the grid by moving columns, and sorting and grouping data.
- Report View, to display the data in a report. Select one of the following:
- By Department
- Type SummaryYou can set the report location, the folder in which the report templates are kept. You can use this as the central location for all reports.
- Export to File, to save the data in a file.
- Under Report Headings, in Report Title, you can change the default report title by typing a different title. In Header Line 1 – 3, you can change the header line text or accept the defaults.
- Under Printer Options, click Portrait for a vertical orientation for the report, or cick Landscape for a horizontal orientation.
- Click OK to generate the report. If you select a report view in step 4, the report is displayed, and the report title, date, time, and page number is shown in the footer of the report. User and Company details are also shown in the report.