New employees typically require an induction. The following procedure explains how to define a training course that should be delivered at induction for new employees. You should include the training course in an activity definition, so that when an employment history record is created for a new employee, the training needs (the training course you create) can automatically be assigned to the new employee.
To create the training course definition and specify that it should be delivered at an employee’s induction:
- Create the training course definition.
- Click Personnel > Definitions > Staff Development > Training Course or Staff Development > Definitions > Training Course. The Training Course window is displayed.
- Click New. The Training Course window is displayed.
- On the General tab, specify the details of the course.
- On the Rules tab, specify the rules for the course, if this course is an induction course for all employees, select All New Employees in Induction, or if the induction course is for certain roles only, select Yes from the drop-down list.
- You may optionally select a Diary Rule, which, when the need for training is generated, will be used to create a Due By Date.
- Click OK to save the course details.
- If the couse is an induction course for certain roles only, define the training requirements in the activity definition.
- Click Personnel > Your organisation > Activity or Payroll > Terms and Conditions > Activity. The Activity window is displayed.
- Click New to create a new activity definition, or select a definition and click Edit to edit it. The Activity window is displayed.
- In the activity definition, on the Training tab, click New to create the training detail. The Requirements window is displayed.
- In Training Course, select the training course you set up in step 1.
- In Need Priority, select the level of need from the drop-down list, optional.
- Click OK to save the details and close the window.
- Click Close to close the Activity window.
If you use the Recruitment module and set up a vacancy and specify the activity you create in step 1 in the details for the vacancy, when you appoint an employee a message is displayed that asks you to confirm the training course. After you click OK to confirm, the training needs for the selected employee are recorded in HR Record > Credentials > Training Needs.
If you create an employment history record for employees by using HR Record > Employment > Employment History, you should specify the activity definition you create in step 1 in the Activity field on the Details tab of the Employment History window. After you save the employment history record, a message is displayed that informs you there are training needs associated with the activity. Click Yes to confirm, and the training needs for the selected employee are recorded in HR Record > Credentials > Training Needs.