In the software, you can set the Use Locking parameter to ensure that a database record is locked when a user accesses a record.
If the software closes abruptly, perhaps because of a system error, and a user runs the software again, a message might be displayed when the user tries to access a record that is still locked. The message indicates that the facility is currently being used by SESSION <session number>.
If a user reports this message, you can remove the lock.
To remove the lock:
- Access the administrator functions.
- In Setup Users, select the user who encounted the record-locking problem.
- Click Edit to edit the account details for the selected user. The User Maintenance window is displayed.
- Click Reset Forms to remove the record lock. A message is displayed that tells you access to all menu items for the selected user will be reinstated.
- Click OK to continue. A message is displayed that confirms the update is complete.
- Click OK to acknowledge the message and close the window.
- Click Close to close the User Maintenance window.
- Click Close to close the Administrator Functions window.