To print or email P60s:
- Click Payroll > Reports > Pre-printed Stationery > Year End Reports. The payroll reports selection wizard is displayed.
- On page 1, select the template from the drop-down list. Employees linked to the template are included.
- On page 2, select the year to be included. Note that the default year shown is the current year of the selected template, so you may need to change this if you require prints for the previous year’s data.
- On page 3, choose a year to be printed on the report in case this is different from the data year.
- On page 4, select P60 – Print.
- On page 5, you can select an individual employee. This can be used to print a copy of a P60 for an individual. If this is left blank, all the employees in the selected template are included.
- On page 6, leave the Email check box blank.
- On page 7, you can select a Query that has to be satisfied before an employee is included. Note that selection criteria in the query overrides the selection of the individual template in page 1 of this wizard. Therefore, if you include a query, the template should be part of the query’s selection criteria.
This is optional. If no query selection is required, leave blank.
- Click Run.
- The Report Confirmation window is displayed. Select your layout from the drop-down list.For 2014-15, there are three layouts:
- P60 1415 preprinted portrait – prints on stationery available from HMRC
- P60 1415 plain portrait – prints on plain A4 paper or for emailing as a PDF
- P60 1415 email portrait
Click here to download the latest layouts.
- Click OK to create the P60s.
Before P60s can be emailed, you should check that an email address has been set up for every employee in their HR record (HR Record > HR Record > Personal Details, and check the Email Address field). You can use the Queries tool to help identify employees without an email address.
- On page 6, select the Email check box.
- In File Location, type the full path name and filename describing where the P60 file is created before it is attached to the email and sent. If you enter c:tempP60.pdf, a single file called P60.pdf is created, which is overwritten by the one created for the next employee after the first has been emailed. By incorporating the employee’s reference into the filename, you can create a file for each employee. Using c:tempP60<EMP_ID>.pdf produces P60001.pdf, P60002.pdf, P60003.pdf, and so on.
- In Report Location, type the name of the Crystal Reports layout. You can use the Browser to select the correct layout. For tax year 2014-15, use c:program filesJanecommonreportsPAY15-P60 1415plain portrait.rpt
- On page 7, enter the Subject and Body text you want to appear in the email. Fields from the HR record can be substituted by using the format <FIELD_NAME>. For example, Dear <KNOWNAS> sends an email containing the data in the Known As field, such as Dear John Smith.
- On page 8, you can select a Query that has to be satisfied before an employee is included. Note that selection criteria in the query overrides the selection of the individual template in page 1 of this wizard. Therefore, if you include a query, the template should be part of the query’s selection criteria.
This is optional. If no query selection is required, leave blank
- Click Run to send the emails. If you use Microsoft Outlook on your local machine to email, you might have to respond to a dialog box for each email.