User Define Data as Extra Group on HR Record
Defining the fields
The extra fields are defined through User Defined Data in System Setup > Housekeeping.
Then use the following procedure:
- Click New.
- Select Personnel module.
- Select HR Record.
- Enter a Description for the group. This will be used for the screen heading.
- Type can be ignored.
- Click OK to store these details.
- This will add your details to the main body.
- Highlight the required line from the main body.
- Click on the Items tab.
- Click New to add new items.
- Enter the details to define each item to be displayed on the screen.
- Field Name – a code used by the system to define the field – must not contain a space.
- Type – defines the format of the field from a predefined list.
- Description – the heading against which this field will be displayed.
- Control – defines whether entry of this piece of data is Mandatory, Optional or Warn.
- Field Length – defines the maximum length of the field.
- Cross Reference – if the data is to be validated against a system code table – only available if Type is set to Cross Reference.
- Or – if the data is to be validated against a user created code table – only available if Type is set to Cross Reference.
- Click OK and field is added to the main body.
- Point 7. – 16. can be repeated to add new fields.
- Once all fields have been entered, click OK.
Using User Defined Fields
When in HR Record, an extra menu group with the name defined in Point 4. above will be displayed. Opening this option will present the fields that were defined.
These User Defined Fields will be available for interrogation within HR Queries.