- Create a new employee via New Employee. This assigns an employee number and any default details that have been set up in Payroll Parameters > Defaults, (e.g. payment method, record status, NI Category and PAYE code).
- Use Personal Details to enter the following:
b) Address (Note: if needed for payslip)
c) Known As
d) NI Number
f) Date of Birth
- If the employee has worked elsewhere during the tax year, use Balances > P45 Part 3 to enter the following:
a) NI Number
b) Re-Claim Student Loans
c) PAYE Details
d) Taxable Pay On Their P45
e) Tax Paid On Their P45
- Use Payroll Details > Details to enter the following:
a) NI Number (if not entered above)
b) NI Category (if not defaulted from parameters)
c) PAYE Details (if not defaulted from parameters)
d) Payment Method (if not defaulted from parameters)
e) Bank Details (if to be paid via BACS)
f) Cost Centres
g) Status (if not defaulted from parameters)
h) Student Loan Marker
- Use Payroll Details > Pensions to enter the employee’s Pension Deduction details.
- Create an Employment History Record for an employee with at least the following fields:
d) Start Date
e) Salary Grade
f) Scale Point
g) Whole Time Equivalent
- Apply the salary to the new employee.
- Use Payroll Details > Fixed Payments to enter any recurring payments for the employee.
- Use Payroll Details > General Ledger to enter any required coding.
- Use Payroll Details > Working File to enter any This Period only payments.
- Run a Payroll Calculation for the employee to ensure it is correct.