1. Start Date – this is the date that the employee started at the college. It could affect the employee’s pay in their first pay period, and would be printed on their P60. If this field is blank, it would be set to the start date on the employment history primary active record when first created.
2. Service Start Date – this is the date that the employee’s employment is considered to have started, which in many cases is the same as item 1, except if the employee has perhaps been TUPED into the college where this will be the start date of the original employment. This date is not used anywhere within the system.
3. Current Role Start Date – this is the data that the employee started their current primary role with the college. It is updated from the employment history primary active start date. This date is not used anywhere within the system.
4. Start Date – the start date of this job within the college. The first entry of this date will also update item 1 if item 1 is blank. Entry of this field will also update item 3 if the user selects Yes to a screen prompt. This field could be used in payroll if the employee has a fixed input record linked to this employment history record. This would only have an effect in the period in which the date occurs.
5. Contract Start Date – an optional date, which can be used to store the data at which the job was contracted to start. May be useful in comparing the contracted start and end dates and the actual start and end dates. This date is not used anywhere within the system.